Job On River Ships
If you are interested in the opportunity to work on a river ship as a solo singer pianist please follow the below description of the job and details how to apply.
We will be pleased to review all your promo materials and come back to you with further details if you are successful.
THE GENERAL CONDITIONS ON RIVER SHIPS
JOB FOR SINGER PIANISTS
(one man band)
Short job description:
It’s required to play an easy listening music for cocktail time as well as pop party evening dance sets after dinner. In both cases it’s required to use arrangements / backing tracks and sing for dancing and listening pleasure. The pianist also should be able to play acoustic solo piano for tea time or lunch time during the day. English on a communicative level is required. If you speak and sing in other languages please include it in the bio/CV and application form while applying for the job. Although there are some ships sailing with German and Swiss passengers the nationality of guests are mostly British, American and Australian. Playing additional instruments besides the piano is a bonus.
The conditions of the job vary depend on a river line and current openings. We work with several clients so the possibilities are wide.
Main conditions include:
• Sailing area – Europe.
• Length of the contract – from March to November with a holiday break if required. The contracts for vacation relief musicians are set individually with a length between 1-4 months.
• Working hours up to 6 sets of 45-60 min a day (up to 35 hours per week not including breaks or 42 hours including breaks) but it’s usually shorten than that based on the daily program.
• Length of cruises from 7 to 14 days.
• Cabin shared with a roommate, rarely single cabin.
• Full board including meals with the crew, laundry and free WiFi.
• Travel costs reimbursement depends on a cruise line with certain limitations. Travel expenses may be included in the salary though.
• Salary ranges from 1800 to 2600 EUR per month depending on a company and musician’s ability and experience.
• Additional duties besides a regular performance (helping other departments) are tipped extra 600 – 800 EUR per month optionally depends on a river company. The tips for side duties may already be included in the salary.
• For non EU citizens Schengen visa is required.
• Language requirements: English in most cases or German
• Type of contract – depends on a cruise line there are three types of contracts – independent (freelance), Swiss or Cyprus.
Tips for a promo video:
The video should include the variety of repertoire packed in one clip. The video should include 30 sec samples of around 10 songs (piano with backing tracks or any type of arrangements and vocal) and few songs for solo acoustic piano only. 5-6 min total video is enough. For more info how to record a proper video please visit ‘TIP FOR PROMO VIDEO’.
ADM STARS Entertainment Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No 9803473
Copyright © 2019. All rights reserved